Banks Studio

Completed in 1924

Banks was first used as an artist’s studio in 1970. Since then, it has played host to an extraordinary list of writers. In all seasons, Fellows have enjoyed the pastoral view through the French doors to the north. The studio’s high ceilings, massive fireplace, expansive work tables, and abundant natural light have made this a favorite studio for many artists.

In 1992, the studio was named in honor of board member and Fellow William Nathaniel Banks in recognition of his wise counsel, steadfast support, and generosity. In 1987, Banks helped spearhead an endowment campaign and in 2018 he was honored and named Board Member Emeritus.